- News & views
- Help & advice
- Veterinary careers
- I want to raise a concern about a veterinary surgeon
- I want to raise a concern about a veterinary nurse
- Send us feedback
- Veterinary Client Mediation Service (VCMS)
- Accredited Practices
Book a Mind Matters training course
11 September 2018
Our Mind Matters Initiative (MMI) will once again be hosting a series of mental health training courses with mental health consultant Trevor Bell throughout October and November 2018.
These full-day courses, designed to help attendees better understand and communicate the signs and symptoms of mental ill-health, cost £85 and are open to all members of the veterinary team.
The courses will be held on the following dates:
- Newcastle upon Tyne: 4 October – Village Hotel, Newcastle NE27 0BY
- Taunton: 12 October – Taunton Rugby Football Club TA2 8BU
- Glasgow: 15 October – Mercure Glasgow City Hotel G1 1DQ
- Crawley: 18 October – Arora Hotel RH10 6LW
- Peterborough: 29 October – Park Inn by Raddisson PE1 1BA
- Wrexham: 1 November 2018 – Holt Lodge Hotel LL13 9SW
Lizzie Lockett, MMI Director, said: “After receiving some really positive feedback from previous courses we are so pleased to once again be hosting this series of mental health training days.
“These training days aim to give attendees the knowledge to recognise common signs and symptoms of mental illness, and the confidence to encourage others to seek help.
“There have been some wonderful advances around talking about mental health in the veterinary profession over the past few years, but people may still find it hard to know how to start a conversation with a friend or colleague who’s struggling. We hope that courses like this can help with those first steps, and empower people to recognise distress and guide those around them towards appropriate support.”
Please contact Mind Matters Initiative Manager, Lisa Quigley, on email@example.com for further information, or visit the Mind Matters website where you can also find links to register for the courses via the MMI Eventbrite page.