G Norman Hall Medal for Research into Animal Diseases - Nominations Invited
8 January 2003
The Trustees of the RCVS Trust invite nominations for the G Norman Hall Medal, to be awarded at RCVS Day on 4 July 2003. This gold medal is awarded for outstanding work for research into animal diseases. The maximum age for nominees is 45 on 12 July 2003. Further details of the award and past recipients are given below.
Nominations must contain the following information about the nominee:
- relevant qualifications
- date of birth
- date of registration as a member of the RCVS (if applicable)
- current post/projects
- career history
- a summary of the particular reasons why the G Norman Hall Medal should be conferred (maximum 300 words).
This summary will form the basis of a citation about the winner at the time of presentation and nominations omitting the summary will be disqualified.
Nomination forms are not required but may be obtained from the RCVS Trust. Nominations should be submitted in confidence to the Trust Manager, RCVS Trust, Belgravia House, 62-64 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2AF (tel 020 7202 0714) by Friday 14 February 2003.
Established by Dr George Norman Alfred Hall OBE DrVetMed(Zur) RAVC(Retd) MRCVS (1885-1965), this gold medal is awarded approximately every three years for outstanding research into animal diseases. Previous recipients are as follows:
- 1969McMartin, Duncan A PhD
- 1972 Payne, Jack M PhD
- 1975 Wright, Norman G PhD DVM FIBiol FRCPath FRSE
- 1978 Jeffcott, Leo B PhD DVSc VetMedDr(hc)
- 1981 McCandlish, Irene A P PhD
- 1984 Gaskell, Rosalind M PhD
- 1987 Snodgrass, David R PhD DSc FRCPath
- 1990 Onions, David E PhD
- 1993 Watt, Neil J PhD
- 1997 Paton, David J PhD
- 1997 Hampson, David J PhD FRCPath DSc FASM