Librarian, RCVS Library & Information Service (LIS)
26 November 2002
Salary c.30k + benefits
The RCVS Trust is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Librarian to manage its library and information service. This provides alerting, enquiry and collection-based services to veterinary surgeons, nurses and others working in animal health. Key responsibilities will include:
- marketing and promoting LIS
- developing the optimum mix of free and fee-services
- leading, motivating and managing the LIS team
- developing and implementing financial and business plans
- managing the budget for LIS
- assisting in fundraising
- managing and developing the historical collection and archive
You should hold a relevant professional qualification and have excellent planning, communication and interpersonal skills. Previous people and service management experience and good IT skills are essential, as are the skills to run a cost-effective service.
Please send your c.v. to Lesley Evans, RCVS, Belgravia House, 62/64 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2AF or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive by Tuesday, 3rd December 2002.